The alternate transportation technology market is segmented by propulsion type, vehicle type, and geography. By propulsion type, the market is divided into hybrid, electric, and fuel cell. By vehicle type, the market is classified into passenger cars, commercial vehicles, and two-wheelers. Geographically, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
Some of the key players operating in the market are @ Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), Delphi Automotive LLP (UK), Hitachi Ltd. (Japan), Toyota Motor Corporation (Japan), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. (Japan), Continental AG (Germany), Ford Motor Company (US), and General Motors Company (US).
Market Size by Type
The global alternate transportation technology market is classified into three segments based on type: fuel cells, hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), and battery electric vehicles (BEVs).
The fuel cell segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Fuel cells are a type of energy conversion device that converts the chemical energy of a fuel directly into electricity through an electrochemical reaction with oxygen from the air. Fuel cells are used in a variety of applications, including portable electronics, material handling equipment, backup power systems, and automotive. The automotive application is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for fuel-efficient and environment-friendly vehicles.
The hybrid electric vehicle segment is projected to be the second-largest market during the review period. HEVs are powered by both an internal combustion engine and an electric motor. The use of an electric motor results in lower emissions as compared with those from traditional ICE vehicles; this factor drives the growth of this market segment.
The BEV segment is expected to grow at a moderate rate during the review period. BEVs are powered by electricity stored in batteries and have zero emissions. These vehicles are being widely accepted across various geographies owing to their superior performance as compared with ICE vehicles and low running & maintenance costs.
Key Benefits for Industry Participants & Stakeholders:
- Industry drivers, restraints, and opportunities covered in the study
- A neutral perspective on the market performance
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape & strategies of key players
- Potential & niche segments and regions exhibiting promising growth covered
- Historical, current, and projected market size, in terms of value
- In-depth analysis of the Alternate Transportation Technology Market
Highlights of The Alternate Transportation Technology Market Report:
- The market structure and projections for the coming years.
- Drivers, restraints, opportunities, and current trends of the Alternate Transportation Technology Market.
- Historical data and forecast.
- Estimations for the forecast period 2030.
- Developments and trends in the market.
- By Type:
- By Application:
- Market scenario by region, sub-region, and country.
- Market share of the market players, company profiles, product specifications, SWOT analysis, and competitive landscape.
- Analysis regarding upstream raw materials, downstream demand, and current market dynamics.
- Government Policies, Macro & Micro economic factors are also included in the report.
Reportsandmarkets.com is the most comprehensive collection of market research products and services on the Web. We offer reports from almost all top publishers and update our collection on daily basis to provide you with instant online access to the world’s most complete and recent database of expert insights on Global industries, organizations, products, and trends.
Manager – Partner Relations & International Marketing
Ph: +1-352-353-0818 (US)